Thursday 14 May 2009

This weeks music recommendations

I found out some people look at my blog to discover different music.

Here is this weeks reccomendations.

Lunabee and Swan. Lunabee is a Belgian musician who has many solo albums. Her music is full of fantastic melodies and beats, subtle, savage, and beautiful. Jo Swan is a vocalist who has been in the music business for some time, principally with the group Ilya. Jo Swan heard Lunabee's muisc and offered to add vocals. Her vocals are tender and tinged with black humour. The result is quite amazing though it has taken me a few listens before it truly grew on me.

My next reccomendation is a bit of an oddity (no surprise there), the soundtrack to Grandma's Boy (2006). I don't know who chose the music, but it is full of great music tracks from groups I had not heard of.

No comments: