Tuesday 9 January 2007

Tanglia

Second Life confirmed that my Island is on order and will be called Tanglia, which are the last three letters of my last and first names with a T added at the front.

I had problems ordering the Island as the purchase price was higher than allowed for a single transaction on my credit card. Then I found out that Second Life starts by taking money from your credit balance before debiting your credit card. After adding money to my balance I successfully placed the order.

Carla and I started designing the club, finding that we can make it smaller than we expected (24x32). The smaller size makes it feel cosy and will allow us to place more buildings in each area, taking up less of the sim.

I am designing the sim in 4096 (64x64m) blocks and have started allocating what will go there. There are 16x4096 blocks. At the moment we have:-
2 - Club, pub and function rooms
1 - Mall and beach
2 - Shops
11 - Roleplay area

The role-play will include fighting and capture and we need to look at combat systems for this. It will be one of the HUD (Heads up Display) and scripted weapons systems, so only those wearing the combat meter will be affected by weapons fire.

No comments: