Wednesday 24 June 2009

Hair fair 2009 review

When I arrived I couldn't see the relationship between hair and sweets (candies). The landscape was a bold display of sweets and candies, the stalls displaying the hair were gingerbread houses, cake shops and bun shops. There were buns with large textures and sculpties to get the shapes of squirted cream and other unecessary confectionary that all created lag, without helping to show off the hair.

I didn't get to see much of the hair as the landscape had soaked up all the bandwidth and prims, leaving most of the hair displays showing gray.

I bought a lag pack at the Hair fair that suggested I remove all attachments and all scripts to reduce lag. I thought it should have said "We don't give a toss about your lag because our sim looks so freaking cool."

This is a list of things I would consider.
  • People will want to come back to some shops, so allow them to create landmarks. Hair Fair stopped you from noting where shops were or passing on landmarks to friends.
  • Allow people to teleport anywhere so they can go back to a shop.
  • Split the sims with walls to reduce view distances.
  • Add some landmark feautures for people to navigate by.
*** ADDED 30JUL09 ****
Alpha Aur gave a longer review and post at Not Possible IRL. I was at the hair fair...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I found the landscaping and texturing absolutely nauseating and un needed...nobody is there to look at all that junk. It was distracting. I agree...a nice directory on shops with tp points would be nice. But visually the place is a bomb...thumbs down on the candy shop look.

Anonymous said...

LAG! Whats with the Candyland theme! I saw some nice hair but it was very hard to get around and too much LAG LAG LAG!